Six Reasons It’s Important to Hire a Licensed Contractor
- Licensed contractors have gained experience and knowledge through the proper training and legal processes. They invest the time to obtain the appropriate licenses and permits from authorized government offices, after passing the licensure test.
- Most licensed contractors will offer liability insurance to protect you, your family and your home. Liability insurance is protection from personal and bodily injury and property damage that could occur with some jobs.
- Licensed contractors have been trained to understand and meet all requirements set by the city council and federal government.
- Not all contractors follow the steps necessary to complete a job safely and on time. Licensed contractors follow a specific, systematic approach to their projects. They carefully plan out the process before starting the job. Licensed contractors will also provide a signed legal contract between them and you.
- Licensed contractors will take responsibility if something goes wrong, as ignoring issues could result in the loss of their license.
- Homeowners who deal with licensed contractors are protected. That means that if a licensed company goes broke or walks off with your money, consumers can notify AZ Registrar of Contractors. The Registrar will investigate the claim and works like a mediator to resolve the issues.